Different is Beautiful!

Different is Beautiful!

Sunday, December 2, 2012

December 2, 2012 - WTF?!

I read today that the American Psychiatric Association has decided to drop the diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome Disorder from their diagnostic guide. I have serious concerns about this as it relates to the treatment that will be available to my daughter, how our insurance will react to this news and most importantly at this point how this will affect my daughter educationally. I obviously just learned of this change and will need to find out more about it to fully assess how it will affect us - but I wonder how many Aspies this board spoke to before making this decision. I've posted the full article found on NBC News. More to come on this subject. Remember - DIFFERENT IS BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment